Is It the Right Time for a Minimalist Wedding?
July 1, 2020
The concept of minimalism has officially hit the wedding style scene. With so much going on in the world now, this trend towards simplification couldn’t be more refreshing. Couples are hopping on the “less is more” train by clearing away the clutter, eliminating the frills, and being very intentional about what they choose to be part of their big day. In essence, minimalist weddings only include the things that—in the words of Marie Kondo—spark joy.
Here at Snowvillage Inn, we could not agree more. While we have always embraced small intimate weddings, we are already seeing an uptick in requests for elopements and micro-weddings.
And here’s a new development to share. With changing travel patterns, including cancellations of local fall events, fairs, and festivals, we are now able to accommodate foliage weddings for fall 2020. Fall is truly a magical time in the White Mountains. Your elopement, small wedding, or honeymoon can be magical too, right here at the Snowvillage Inn. Book as soon as possible as these dates will not last long!
Weddings Two Ways
As an intimate wedding location, we can give you options other places cannot. We offer weddings in two ways:
- Wedding Buy Out – Are you the DIY kind of couple? Perfect. Take the whole place for your destination wedding. 10 acres, 17 guest rooms, 3 buildings, all the common spaces…the options are endless and completely up to you! For 72 hours, the place is yours.
- All Inclusive – Prefer to have our team show you the way? Our onsite wedding planner, chef, and innkeepers will help you plan your simply elegant wedding. This is a great option for small weddings too!
Non-Traditional Celebrations Welcome
We are known for welcoming celebrations of all kinds!
- Second weddings are great for our smaller space. Invite those special loved ones and family members and enjoy a getaway together with no fuss.
- LGBTQ weddings are extra special here and we’ve been the site of many happy celebrations over the years.
- Elopements might just include the bride and groom, but they can receive the same attention to detail, romance, and joy (without the planning and expense). We recently welcomed a pair of local honeymooners who decided on an intimate ceremony on top of nearby Foss Mountain, followed by dinner and an overnight at the Inn.
Whether we are close to home or hours away, we’ll make your day amazing. Contact our wedding planner to learn more.
Carrie Steeves | Event Coordinator
603-447-2818 | firstname.lastname@example.org